Saturday 12 November 2011

The Sketchbook Project

Have just signed up to be a contributor to the next "Limited Edition - Sketchbook Project" at the Brooklyn Art Library.  
The concept is that Brooklyn Art Library send you a little sketchbook, wherever you are in the world. 
You fill it up with your drawings and musings, then send it back for inclusion in their artist books collection.  They also print a collaborative book with some of your work included.
You can choose to have your work digitised for inclusion in their online gallery as well 
(at extra cost of course).
There is a cap of 5000 participating artists in each annual project.
I think I was number 783 or something for the 2012 project, which closes in April.

You can take a look at the project here if it interests you:


I am excited to be participating in a project that exists on the other side of the globe and can't wait for my little notebook to arrive in the post so I can fill it and send it back to the Universe again.
I selected my own theme from their list (you can have a random one picked for you if you find it dificult to make decisions).  My chosen theme is "How to spell and other things to learn".
Ideas spinning quickly around in my head already, can't wait to start.

2 comments:

  1. I want to participate in this. The whole concept is very inspiring. I can't believe there are 5,000 artists joining in! That will be one huge volume one book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mind blowing really, it'd be a huge project to collate.

    ReplyDelete