Monday 6 February 2012

Little Black Book




Spent an entertaining day at
a book making/printing workshop on Friday
at Logan Art Gallery.

The gallery has been running workshops in conjunction with their
current altered book art exhibition "Recycled Library: Altered Books".

The exhibiting artist running Friday's workshop was 
Glen Skien from Silent Parrot Press .

It was a very pertinent and topical subject for me with my
participation in BookArtObject and
helped me further my ideas for working
with prints, editions and bookbinding.
Glen is such a humble and talented guy 
and had everyone busily creating at a great pace.
Passing on as much technical info and handy hints as he could 
in a one day workshop.

My friend Jack, who does fabulously quirky
artwork and limited edition books attended the workshop
and I must say a big thanks to Gloria Clay for letting me know it was on -
hope you all enjoyed the day as much as I did.


2 comments:

  1. What an interesting black book tied up like that Robyn. Sounds like you had a great day with Glen Skien. He's a favourite of mine too -I bought a piece of his work and I can see it whenever I'm sitting here working - great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete